My Comment on the Dave Martin Blog
Wesley Madziva says : January 6, 2012 at 9:21 am
Thanks to Dave for sharing and enlightening me on Mobile Recruitment when I met with him in Johannesburg. After having met him we then realised we needed a mobile site or mobile optimised site. Shockingly in South Africa I failed to find even one employment mobi site up to today and still searching.
Here are some South African Stats
1) 87% of South African working adults use a mobile phone (AMPS 2010AB)
2) There are almost 4.7 times more households with a cellphone than a computer +- 1:5 ratio (AMPS 2010AB)
3) 11.5m mobile data users (AMPS 2010AB) 4) 200,000 South Africans are using their location aware applications like Nokia Ovi Maps, and other top navigation apps (Mobitainment)
Yes as a result we have jumped on the bandwagon and working on our mobi site.
The December 20, 2011 List of largest mobile sites in SA (Effective Measure partner to Digital Media and Marketing) had 18 sites listed of which
1) 39% were general news sites
2) 11% general sports news sites
3) 17% soccer/football sites
4) 5.5% Cell Network provider site
5) 5.5% Classified aid site
6) 5.5% Digital Satellite Television site
7) 5.5% Car Sales Site
8) 5.5% Magazine site
9) 5.5% other I am aiming to make sure we fall into this category of SA largest mobile sites.
Therefore Dave to answer your question we have done something about..