Interesting Topic! 🙂 Yeah I know…
I was mainly interested on the lessons learnt from a social media perspective that Bruce Mubayiwa highlights.
- Few hours in Social Media can be a very long time (might even feel like weeks)
- Social Media magnifies any mistakes we make
- One Tweet created a Major crisis for oneself, sponsors and affiliates
- Stakeholders have to be addressed. Who are your stakeholders? Public?Fans?Followers? Readers? Employers?Employees?Colleagues?Family? – The action taken has to address all these people
- An apology on Twitter will not do it. A post on your website will not do it either.
- Short term address the fire. Long term focus on brand rebuilding. Regain stakeholder trust and confidence
- Get professional advice on use of social media and the risks thereof
- Treat all your followers with RESPECT. They are not your buddies or friends
- Champion the very cause you are in hot water for.
- Do you have a Strategy/ Risk Management Plan
- Sponsors dropped her. Did Jessica take the same view of her brand?
- How strategic in viewing you brand and social media as a tool in managing it?
- Is all hope lost? Bruce says NO! The Famous Comebacks of Bill Clinton, Mike Tyson and Chris Brown
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny