This is the post conference posting to the previous post. It was a two day conference and I only attended Day one so the quick summary below is only for Day one and from 5 speakers
Great Line up of speakers and great delegates.
12 points From the Conference
- Social media is the top mobile media activities among mobile web users in South Africa
- 57% of tweets from Africa are sent from mobile devices (Cool Tech iafrica.com Jan 2012)
- 70% of Social Media in South Africa is being accessed from a mobile phone…(Google SA, 2011)
- Support of mobile is critical to success of your social media strategy
- First step when contemplating a social media strategy is LISTEN!
- “Twitter is to Facebook as Email Newsletter was to a website” Candice Goodman
- Use Twitter as a messaging platform to generate traffic to your sites like Facebook or mobisite
- Because most social media is accessed from a mobile phone, then give them a mobile friendly site to go to!
- Companies are no longer exclusively in control of their brand messages
- Consumers controls how your brands are being perceived online.Use everyone and everything to promote your organisation on the Social SpaceMake it a standard practise to have all level of management on professional social networks like LinkedIn
- Do you consistently communicate your Brand across all Candidate and Employee Social Media channels?
- Have three core messages that you repeat across your networks
From Twitter #SMB2012